In recent years, info graphics have been everywhere, but that doesn’t always mean that they are being used properly. In order to present data in a cohesive way that can be easily consumed, there are several guidelines that should be followed.
PR Daily recently shared their “7 top tips for successful info graphics,” which included:
- Size Matters. That means you should have different versions of your image prepared – a high-resolution version for press and bloggers to share, plus a smaller image that can be used on Facebook and Twitter.
- Get Your Title Right. Titles should be catchy and easy to share.
- Brand It. No one wants to feel like they’re giving you free advertising, so try to strike a good balance when it comes to branding your infographics.
- Break It Down. Breaking the image down into sections can make it easier for people to digest the data. However, if you do this, you should still include a full version of the infographic at the end of your page.
- Offer Your Insights. An infographic shouldn’t stand on its own. Instead, you should showcase data-led insights with the image. Adding extra tips and information can turn the image into a resource and encourage sharing.
- Reference. You can enhance the credibility of your infographic by referencing the data sources used to create it. Make sure you use clickable URLs so that people can actually find all the information.
- Share It. You’ll want to share your infographic across all of your social networks and engage your influencers to share it as well.
Do you have any other tips to consider when employing infographics? Share your ideas in the comments section below.